IT Support Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a new member of our IT team at a time when Jellyfish is expanding and taking on new exciting high profile projects delivering first class content to our clients. The role will primarily involve desktop support to our teams of creative staff, identifying and resolving issues ranging from faulty hardware to software problems ensuring every artist has a great experience. Logging of issues via a ticket system, face to face and deskside support are essential aspects of the role. Responsibilities include the regular deployment of software, workflow enhancements, physical asset management, IT infrastructure relocation, liaising with external suppliers and any other tasks to ensure a smooth technical working environment for all staff. The successful candidate will report directly to, and work with our current IT support team and CTO.
Start date: asap
Contract length: 6 months initially, with a view of being extended
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract initially
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: likely to be based at the Jellyfish Central London studio, however could be based at any of the Jellyfish studios and will be required now and then to work from other sites as well. Please note: this role requires travelling (paid for) between all studios.
- Ability to create system images and format hard drives
- Familiarity with Windows/Linux Server environments
- Familiarity with Digital Content Creation (DCC) applications (Adobe/Maya/Nuke/Arnold etc.) and an understanding of the impact of these on the IT infrastructure
- Ability to use and manage Office 365, Minecast, phishing protection, Sophos Anti-Virus, etc.
- Identify and resolve desktop issues independently
- Scripting experience
- Centos/Windows Server experience
- Experience with layer three switching
- Experience with different VOIP systems
- Network troubleshooting
- Industry experience
- Willingness to learn and contribute
- Pro-active – self identifies opportunities and improvements and a willingness to follow up
- Motivated to do the best job possible
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communications skills and demeaner when dealing all personnel, including external suppliers
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
We are unable to sponsor any visa applications for this role. Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
Please only apply for this role, if you have the relevant experience. If you apply and do not meet the relevant requirements, your application will be rejected.
Our careers section offers a range of other roles, which may be more suitable to your talents and creativity. We encourage you to look at them. Should you find that the roles available are not suitable, we have a Speculative application form, which when completed allows us to retain your details and get in touch as soon as the relevant role becomes available!