Senior CFX (Character FX) TD
Jellyfish Pictures is looking for a CFX (Character FX) TD to join our team!
Set up and development of Cloth and Hair system which will allow project to translate art direction into production ready character hair, fur and environment grooming solutions to create dynamic character and environment simulation
Collaborate with the Leads and Artists in other CG disciplines to help establish processes and pipeline integration during the course of development and prebuild
- Strong knowledge of Maya and/or Houdini
- Production experience using N-cloth in Maya, or working with cloth in Houidini
- Scripting proficiency in Python
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve unexpected technical problems
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced production environment
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
- At least 3 years of experience in television animation, feature animation, VFX and/or video games
- Understanding of rigging tools and surface modelling techniques desired
- Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Production experience with Redshift. Arnold or other PB Renderers
We are unable to sponsor any visa applications for this role. Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
Please only apply for this role, if you have the relevant experience. If you apply and do not meet the relevant requirements, your application will be rejected.
Our careers section offers a range of other roles, which may be more suitable to your talents and creativity. We encourage you to look at them. Should you find that the roles available are not suitable, we have a Speculative application form, which when completed allows us to retain your details and get in touch as soon as the relevant role becomes available