Compositing Supervisor - Animation Series
We are looking to recruit a Compositing Supervisor to join our Team on the second season of a children animation series.
This role involves supervising a small team of dedicated, talented and hardworking individuals, that form a part of a larger group of creatives, and will report directly to the show CG Supervisor and the Series Director.
The role would start in August 2019 and would run until end of 2020. It would be based in our studio in London.
- To Set up of Master shots for each new look or sequence of a show, using Nuke.
- Optimising comp set ups for each sequence and set up Nuke Templates for Compositors to use for production
- Perform dailies with the lighting and compositing team
- Liaise with Team members to resolve issues
- Create efficient solutions to technical challenges
- Quality control of rendered shots
- Fulfil the creative expectations set by both the client and series director
- Identify tools and techniques to enhance already established pipeline
- Identify areas requiring increased efficiency and communicate such aspects to the Head of Department
- Mentor both Artist and Junior through creative and technical challenges
- Previous experience on a full CG animation series or similar
- Full knowledge of Nuke
- Shotgun experience
- Able to take direction
- Flexible and adaptable
- Creative problem solver
- Team orientated
- Technically adept
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Experience in Compositing
- Familiarity with working within a CG pipeline
- London based or willing to move to London if offered a job.
- Right to work in the UK (if you are unsure, please check here).
- Experience with Maya, Redshift or Arnold, Houdini a plus
We are unable to sponsor any visa applications for this role. Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
Please only apply for this role, if you have the relevant experience. If you apply and do not meet the relevant requirements, your application will be rejected.
Our careers section offers a range of other roles, which may be more suitable to your talents and creativity. We encourage you to look at them. Should you find that the roles available are not suitable, we have a Speculative application form, which when completed allows us to retain your details and get in touch as soon as the relevant role becomes available!