HR / Payroll Administrator (part-time)
Jellyfish, an award winning VFX and Animation company, has a fantastic new opportunity within the HR Team.
As the HR / Payroll Administrator at Jellyfish Pictures you will provide a comprehensive service to all employees in relation to HR and Payroll administration services, using all HR & Payroll systems. You will report to the HR Director and work closely to the Talent Manager, Recruitment Administration Assistant, Producers, Heads of Department, Senior members of the team and all other Jellyfish employees.
This is a creative, fast-paced, busy, challenging and exciting work environment, so your ability to prioritise will be key in this role, as well as your keen eye to detail and your ability to build positive and constructive working relationships with all stakeholders.We’re looking for people that have some great admin experience and ideally some recruitment and / or HR generalist experience as you’ll be managing the end to end onboarding process for our great new staff joining the team. Experience of the industry would be brilliant, though not essential.
- Issue contracts, contract extensions, contract amendments, references;
- Inform the relevant team of each new starter and their details and make sure buddies are assigned to new starters;
- Take ownership for the Jellyfish HR Hub, inputting new starter details and maintaining the HR system well up-to-date;
- Work place Pension - Be the first point of contact for any queries about work place pension and escalate more complex questions to the work place pension Provider and / or the payroll Provider; liaise with the payroll Provider if any new starters want to join the pension scheme early, if eligible;
- Benefits – monthly collate information about new starters and leavers to be sent to the benefits Provider to set up new starters and shut down leavers’ accounts;
- Any other ad hoc hr / payroll projects.
- Frequently monitor the Payroll mailbox to ensure that monthly pay queries are dealt with efficiently and escalate them to the relevant stakeholder (HR Director, Talent Manager or Payroll Provider) as appropriate;
- Collate notes of any contractual changes, amendments and any other amendment to be processed in the monthly payroll;
- Liaise with the payroll provider (outsourced), providing accurate payroll information;
- Maintain a payroll calendar with appropriate agreed deadlines, making sure it is understood by all stakeholders at Jellyfish and with the payroll provider;
- Liaise with the HR Director, Talent Manager, Head of Department, Producers, Production coordinator, Finance Department as necessary regarding any contractual changes
Start date: asap
Contract type: 6 month FTC, with potential for a permanent role afterwards
Hours: Part-time, 3 to 4 hours per day (15/20 hours per week), Monday to Friday
Location: Jellyfish Brixton will be your main work place, however you may be asked to travel to other Jellyfish studios when required or can be moved to another Jellyfish studio in London (see here the full list of studios).
Salary - the salary showing in this advert is for a full-time position, if offered the job, your salary will be pro-rata for the length of the contract and working hours.
- Payroll experience;
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team;
- Experience in MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel to intermediate level is essential;
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise tasks according to business goals;
- Ability to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure;
- Ability to use their own initiative;
- Supportive and proactive approach to the job;
- Ability to multi task and extract information from a number of online locations;
- Positive, enthusiastic, customer focused, can-do attitude;
- High degree of integrity, ability to work with sensitive data and maintain trust and confidentiality;
- Willingness to take direction;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Right to work in the UK
- HR/Payroll qualification is desirable but not essential;
- Keen to develop a career in HR/Payroll in the creative sector;
- Animation / VFX industry experience is a plus.
- 22 days holiday plus public holidays, pro-rata for the length of the contract and working hours
- Increasing holidays: 1 extra day every year after 3 years’ service up to 25 days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership contribution
- Perks at Work (restaurant and retail discounts)
- Fresh fruit and breakfast (toast etc), tea and coffee in the studio
- Contribution towards new prescription glasses
- Corporate discounts in local restaurants at lunch time