Lighting and Compositing Supervisor - Speculative Application
We are looking to recruit a Lighting and Compositing Supervisor to join our Team. This role involves Supervising a Team of dedicated, talented and hardworking individuals, that form a part of a larger group of creatives, and will report directly to the show CG Supervisor or VFX Supervisor.
- Look development and Set up of Master shots for each new look or sequence of a show, using both Maya and Nuke.
- Optimising lighting set up for each sequence and set up lighting Templates for Lighting TD’s to use for production
- Optimising comp set ups for each sequence and set up Nuke Templates for Compositors to use for production
- Perform dailies with the lighting and compositing team
- Liaise with Team members to resolve issues
- Create efficient solutions to technical challenges
- Quality control of rendered shots
- Fulfil the creative expectations set by both the client and project director
- Identify tools and techniques to enhance already established pipeline
- Identify areas requiring increased efficiency and communicate such aspects to the Head of Department
- Mentor both Artist and Junior through creative and technical challenges
- Full knowledge of Maya
- Full knowledge of Nuke
- Full Knowledge of Redshift or Arnold
- Familiarity with working within a pipeline
- Experience in Look Development for CGI shows for both lighting and compositing
- Experience in Lighting and Compositing
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Technically adept
- Team orientated
- Creative problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to take direction
- Shotgun experience
- Experience with crowds and rendering and knowledge of Houdini/Mantra
- Experience rendering Yeti
We are unable to sponsor any visa applications for this role. Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
Please only apply for this role, if you have the relevant experience. If you apply and do not meet the relevant requirements, your application will be rejected.
Our careers section offers a range of other roles, which may be more suitable to your talents and creativity. We encourage you to look at them. Should you find that the roles available are not suitable, we have a Speculative application form, which when completed allows us to retain your details and get in touch as soon as the relevant role becomes available!